Engineering is one of the flagship departments at Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran. A span of eighteen years has passed but CGC Landran has managed to remain unmatched till date. Ever since it was established, the faculty has worked with great enthusiasm for the common good of college and the students. Not only the advanced academic curriculum but experiential training programs have made strides in attaining excellence and making it a top engineering college in Punjab. The college offers B.Tech and M.Tech in different streams such as:Mechanical Engineering, Electronics and Computer Engineering, Computer Science Engineering and Information Technology Engineering.
In order to know how CGC is a top engineering college, look into the following highlights:
1. Awards and Ranking: The college has a motto “Building careers, transforming lives” appended to the official logo and in the true sense, CGC lives by it. The motto is not just another catchy phrase, it is more than that; it incorporates the ultimate aim of the college that is: to bring prosperity to students. Adhering to the same, CGC Landran has won many laurels and titles across various categories. Some of the titles won by the college include Best Engineering College with excellent faculty in North India by Asia Education Summit 2017, Best College infrastructure in Punjab by IAA India Education Awards & Summit 2018, National Employability Award 2018 by Aspiring Minds, etc. Furthermore, the college has been ranked as AA+ Engineering college in Punjab by Career 360 and ranked 47th among all private colleges by Times i3RC in 2018. Barring these distinctions, the college has won more than a thousand merit positions which initiated a chain of excellence. These accolades have helped the college to remain in the list of best engineering colleges in Punjab.
2. Accreditation and Affiliation: There are other departments in the college which hold equal importance. Some of the most popular departments include Management, Biotechnology, Pharmacy, Computer Application, Hotel Management, and Education. Most of the departments and colleges associated with CGC are affiliated to AICTE, New Delhi & IKGPTU, Jalandhar. But by being the only private college to have accreditation by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for five years, Chandigarh Engineering College (CEC) has achieved a milestone. With NBA accreditation, it has become one of the topmost engineering colleges in India. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) has also accredited CGC Landran with A Grade. Moreover, all the labs of the college have been recognized as SIRO (Scientific & Industrial Skill Research Organization) by DST, Government of India. The college has proved itself, time and again. On the account of its worth, the World Bank granted 4 crores to the institute under TEQIP (Technical Education Quality Improvement Programme), Government of India.
3. Training: Nobody is perfect but he/she can become by dint of sheer hard work and strategic planning. Making to the top of the charts comes in handy if you implement proper and extensive training techniques. CGC Landran knows the importance of training and that’s why it provides a variety of drills for the forthcoming engineers. The placement cell of the college proffers 360-degree training and development program for sure-shot recruitment. The program aims at furnishing the overall skills of the students. Besides inculcating the engineers with confidence, communication skills & adequate manners, lectures on advanced technologies are also imparted to the students. Those who undergo this training, attain clarification in Machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Business Analysis, Web Development, Cloud Computing, and Robotics & Embedded systems.
4. Placements: When an institute focuses on training this much, missing even a single shot becomes out of options. Similarly, CEC has adhered to the practice of hitting the bull’s eye, each time, every time. More than 600 companies visit the campus annually. And these companies have made a total of 6314 placement offers with 31.77 LPA being the highest. By the same token, the most proficient students of the college have received two or more placement offers.
5. Top-tier Entrepreneurs: It is supposed that entrepreneurial skills are innate but there is no doubt in the fact that it can be acquired later in life. Chandigarh Group of College has produced first-class leaders who tried their luck and came up as big names in the industry. The college has designed a special Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Cell (IEDC) which is more like an incubator. Under this program, a competition is organized where the top five outstanding ideas receive 1 Lakh each. By facilitating the funds to distinct ideas, the college has established an entrepreneurial ecosystem. CGC Landran is a ticket to those candidates who have wits of an engineer and skills of a leader.
6. Global Exposure: The College is the best destination for those who aspire to study overseas. CGC, Landran has international tie-ups with numerous institutes from fifteen different countries. Till date, the college has sent about 497 students abroad who are well-established and living in full glory. The eminence of the college is attributed to fine tutelage and world-class opportunities. The eminence of Engineering discipline is widespread. Say it national, say it international, it gets easier for engineers to find jobs when they have studied in such a prestigious institute.
7. Research and Innovation: Academic field thrives on research and innovation. By the same means, Engineering becomes an ever-escalating domain which invites the students to unveil new and modern technologies. At CGC Landran, the students are given full liberty to conduct researches and experiments so as to present novel ideas to the world. With this aspect, the symposiums of students and teachers have come up with innumerable ideas and that became the reason behind the college filing more than 200 patents and publishing a surfeit of research papers. Around 1100 research papers have also been published by are notable associates. CGC Landran has also won seventh rank all over Indian for filing about 30 patents in a single year!
8. National & International Partaking: The upcoming engineers at CGC Landran get a plethora of chances to prove their potential. The students have participated at national and international level competitions including CANSAT, USA, Young Chemists Committee, USA, Formula North Competition, Canada and many more. New and vibrant experiences get instilled into the students using which they create a more promising portfolio. The students of Mechanical Engineers get many opportunities to stand ahead of the crowd. All the chances and exciting offers which we bring to the table help the candidates in choosing CGC for B. Tech Mechanical engineering.
9. Strategic alliance: When we talk about engineering and notable firms of the domain, some notable names flash our minds including TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Mahindra & Mahindra, Godrej, IBM, Oracle, Cisco, Redhat, Google, Samsung, Dell, Microsoft and many more. To your surprise, CGC has collaborated with a single one of the above-mentioned companies. This consortium benefits students the most as they get lucrative packages and world-class experience.
10. Student Achievements: Even before joining the workplace and taking up charge, the students can prove their worth; all they need is an adequate platform. CGC has become that provider. The college kindles the forthcoming engineers to be part of all the competitions. With this encouragement, some of the extraordinary minds have shown supremacy in the domain. Engineering students of the college have bagged positions in different spheres such as Nationwide AWS Educate Challenge in Cloud computing, Make in India 2, National AICTE-ECI Chhatra Vishwakarma Awards and many more.
From awards and rankings to patents and research every aspect provides testimony to the distinction. At CGC Landran, it is believed that the best way to predict the future is to create it and that is the reason behind CGC staying the course. The college becomes the better option because it has well-versant teaching staff, furnished labs, classrooms and modern infrastructure. In addition to these provisions, it also promises a secure and successful future in many appealing ways. Engineering becomes really exciting when you have taken the right decisions. Future is not in our control but our decisions can manipulate our future. With the above mentioned features, CGC Landran becomes one of the best engineering colleges in Chandigarh. The college has come up as one of the top engineering colleges especially for B.Tech Mechanical Engineering and Electronics and Computer Engineering in North India. Beyond a shadow of a doubt, the college nurtures the inquisitive minds to transform them into dignitaries of the engineering field. For all those who have completed their quest for success and those who wish to start the quest, CGC will always remain the best choice.